Wednesday 30 June 2010

Circles



Here we are again. Ha! The record has come along way and I'm super stoked with how it is going. The songs bleed into one another nicely. Their is continuity lyrically and compositionaly. The vocals are how I want them to sound and how I visualised them. The melodies are beautiful and memorable. The slide guitar sounds so sweet. I can say these things as I feel as though I have objectivity as I am merely the filter that the ideas and sounds go through. They are alive and I give them the pulse. They are the blood and I am the heart. Pleased in many ways.

With the ying is the yang. My mind has run in circles with how the record would turn out. I guess that when I set out to do this, the recording ideology was still being born. Whether to record at home with updated gear or to go into the studio. I began the demo's on older gear and figured I would go to the studio later. Somewhere along the road, inspired by the sounds, ideas, spontaneity and freedom of the demo recordings, spliced with the idea that a producer could come in and mix and master these humble beings, I though why not use these fresh raw takes? This in many ways seems like a great idea. Also, the cost of the recording started to add up. The idea of spending that money on jet around gigging through Europe has it's own pull.

Here we are. Me and my collective conscience's. Reviewing where we are at. Electronic beats vs. Percussion. Home recording (on old gear) vs. Home recording (on new gear) vs. Studio.

The thought of recapturing the ideas seems counter intuitive. However, if I am able to lay down the bare essentials of the tracks and let go of everything, a new canvas is ready for new ideas. That shouldn't be major really.

I have come to see that some of these tracks wont be up for releasing as they have some foundation problems. I will attempt to rerecord as was the orginal plan and if possible utalise takes via copy paste. I am investigating a program that will allow me to get the percussion vibes I desire and as important, sweet timing. Fingers crossed it's everything I imagine and then some.

With all this falling into place, it's almost time to start thinking about art work and visuals. For album track sneak previews, email me at

thesundanzekid@gmail.com

Here, I can send you some of the raw material. You can even share your thoughts and ideas regarding the best possible single to use to push the album. Shit, I might even whip up an excel spread sheet to represent the popularity of the tunes. Get involved and help spread the vision. Make the spread sheet reality!!!




As well as, if you have any visual ideas inspired by the lyrics please let me know and I'll see what the creative crew can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment