Sunday 16 January 2011

Dilemma number 9, 9, 9, 9

Dilemma can come in all shapes and forms. Cheese, no cheese. Mayo, no mayo. What some people call decision making, I turn the simplest of choices into nail biting life or death ordeals. Well, maybe not life or death...

Cheese or no cheese.

The journey of The Light in The Darkness, has seen a number. Not all of which I have written about. Getting to the solution of these dilemmas, for me, often results in celebration - ie not thinking about it any more. Thus, not reflecting or writing about it. But having read out my blog intentions, I will endevour to keep the dilemmas coming - no matter how trival (hmmm - should I change font now... or later).

The Light in the Darkness Saga has seen -
Home or Studio Recording Tragedy.
The Rhythm Episodes.
The Epic When to let fly the songs live? chapter.
Producer or me, me, me opera.
The tale of The Changing of the strings.
Brand or no brand adventures.
Album cover/artwork legends.
To bar code or not to bar code.

Speakers...


And now we are in the midst of the chapter titled - Head Phones or Speakers. Although I have previously mixed and master the album (pre-human drums) I have stummbled across the differences the tracks can sound when mixed solely through the speakers. My bad ass Sony Active Speaker system has been with me every note of the way - but not as a mixing advisor as such. Though it did give me some clues when I layed down one day and notice a bag full of base ruining the overall vibe.

Or headphones...


It feels like a few days having this occupy my mind, but a little reading and thinking about all those days in the studio by the side many a producer and the answer is simple...

Speakers to mix - head phones to fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment