Sunday 30 January 2011

When Blogs collide

It was just another Thursday night. Another day, another dollar. Being a musician these days costs loads of cash - so a decent job comes in handy. You do find yourself burning both ends of the candle, as the great Neil Young suggests. But hey, here we are rockin along.


A familiar scene, my house mate and a friend hanging out in the lounge. I'm not sure what hit me, but even as we were being introduced I was reaching for a sundanze kid badge to help spread the word. A few polite pleasantries later and we were back into our own grooves.


Upon returning down stairs I was greeted by some excitement and commotion. My housemate's friend was puzzled at having scene this, sundanze kid name before. And there, in front of our faces on her computer was her blog and a comment left by none other the The Sundanze Kid requesting, "Can these recipes please be translated to English?"


Worlds Collide


I had no idea that the text I was reading was Latvian - let alone my house mates long time friend. A few months early I was exploring other blogs, seeing what was out there. I started to follow a few other bloggers, mostly in languages I couldn't understand but could appreciate the pictures and effort these people were making.


So there we have it. A few days later, as I'm nervously attempting a new Jamie Oliver Morrocan dish, she is hanging out in the kitchen - WATCHING - me cook!!! Literally saying, "I love watching other people cook." I'm thinking oh shit, yikes this is going to get bad. Alas, it turns out my cooking this evening is pretty good (hard to stuff up that particular recipe to be fair). My accidental real life blogging chef friend was quite complimentary to my cooking and this meal. Phew!


Too bad chef doesn't like the taste of my music!


The chef as a photographer

2 comments:

  1. aaron ..)
    so not true - about the last sentence.
    looks like we will have a serious talk about this one night at the dinner table ..D

    ReplyDelete